As education is experiencing a tremendous transformation with emerging technologies that allow digital learning, Universities and Institutions are now looking to conduct entrance & semester end examinations that allows no compromise in the feasibility, security, convenience, and experience of students and educators.
Assessment companies are clubbing their Remote Proctoring solutions with robust AI-based live proctoring by invigilators that provides an ease to take the assessment from the safety of home any time.
WHAT IS ONLINE PROCTORING?
Online proctoring occurs when an electronic assessment is digitally supervised and conducted through the internet using the web camera of the test-taker. It is made possible by a combination of face-recognition AI software and an integrated web camera; it provides immense opportunities for online evaluations. It means that online education and certification providers - who are already virtual teachers, will now be virtual invigilators, able to recognize and approve candidates remotely, no matter where they are located.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Online proctoring records every single examination session from beginning to end, and not just via video: it also captures images, desktop screen and chat logs which are one of the few safeguarding measures that protect both students and proctors.
Video-enabled surveillance automatically monitors the entire examination session including any non-standard occurrences such as a candidate leaving the room or leaning away from their web camera view etc.
WHAT ABOUT PROTECTING AGAINST CHEATING?
Enabling of proctoring methods in the online exams make cheating potentially difficult or say, more difficult than getting a physical investigator in the examination room.
It allows a candidate to be remotely tracked and the contents of their Computer while performing an online examination, online proctoring verifies the identification of a candidate with AI-assisted facial recognition and tracking system and determine when a candidate may be violating the rules outlined in a test. This can include:
- Identification of when the applicant leaves the room
- Identifying whether there are extra people in the room.
- Tracking the eye and head movements of test-taker, so if they look down for a certain period of time, this would be flagged as an incident.
- Ability to monitor possible unauthorized use of a device during examination.
- Use of foreign objects like mobile, books etc. during the test is not allowed.
- Use of proxy user instead of the candidate.
ADDITIONAL CONTROLS & FEATURES TO CONSIDER:
Depending on your situation, remote proctoring may offers capabilities that give you additional control and the ability to intervene in a test scenario.
- Auto proctoring: Highly supported by AI, this flags suspicious events and provides the vast ability to continuously track a larger number of candidates. The program can discover the occurrences on the screen and what is happening in front of the camera. For example, if a test-taker opens a browser and browses other website or application during the test, the remote proctoring system takes screenshots of this activity if it occurs without letting the candidate know.
- Live proctoring: Live proctoring offers the best of both worlds by incorporating a "real human" with the technology. An invigilator sits and controls the video feeds with live proctoring, and can interfere in real-time if necessary in a candidate's exam, giving the proctors an additional level of security and feedback to candidates as they go through a test or review. A live proctoring may be used along with either auto proctoring or AI-assisted notifications.
- Record and review proctoring: This proctoring method not only enables an additional protection but also provides flexibility to candidates who do not need to fix time and coordinate with the availability of the surveillant. Instead the candidates' audio-visual and screen-sharing feeds are recorded during the examination, a proctor then reviews the recorded exam, and flags any dubious activity if occurs.
Why Go Virtual?
Being able to meet candidates’ and invigilator's expectation for online learning, training, and evaluation of assessments anywhere anytime, is a big reason why online proctoring has become more common. The other benefits include:
- Cutting & Optimizing logistics costs which replaces the delivery of physical tests and transportation of papers and staff to and from test centers.
- Reducing turnaround time for marking and publishing results.
- Enter new markets, beyond geographical gap barriers.
- As a plug-and-play technology, online proctoring is designed to integrate with your existing infrastructure providing an extension to saving cost, and improves efficiency of an educational organization.
Why contact specialists for Online Remote /Proctored Exam Solutions:
Wheebox brings powerful and customizable solutions in time to help the delivery of any type of online examination in a secured manner which has been certified by CERT-In (National Agency for Cyber Security) for application security to provide educational organization “analytics” that helps to identify, & build cost effective online examination seamlessly with a higher accuracy in preventing cheating.
Please reach to our Specialists:
Bishnu Nepak, Chief Revenue Officer, Wheebox Talent Assessment at firstname.lastname@example.org